Thursday, May 17, 2007

Edelweeiss, Edelweeiss

Yesterday-Wednesday
Yesterday we went to Oxford it was really neat. We got to go to the cafeteria where Harry Potter was filmed. We went through the Oxford story ride, which told the story of how Oxford University was formed and all of the famous people who went there. We ate at the pub where CS Lewish and JRR Tolkien used to meet to talk about their writings. We walked all around the town and it was a lot of fun.

Then we took the train back to London and Kacy and I tried to go to the Albert and Victoria Museum , which would have been really cool if it didn't close 20 minutes after we got there. The gift shop was especially cool. But they kicked us out. Then we walked around Knightsbridge and wandered into shops. I bought some tea that is REALLY good.

That night Kacy and I went to eat at Hard Rock Cafe with Alida and Samantha. It was a lot of fun. Kacy and I split chicken fajitas and then we all split a brownie sundae. Yum! Then we went to Picadilly Circus to see all of the pretty lights. Kacy and I ended up buying some prints that were really cheap. Mine are of Westminister Abbey, Picadilly Circus, and Trafalgar Square.

Today-Thursday
We got up early because we had to catch our flight to Switzerland. We rode the tube to the airport and then we found out we actually got there too early so we waited around for awhile. Our plane left at 1:30 London time. I sat next to a lady from New Zealand and her daughter. They were in London because the woman's father was knighted by the queen for his work in the health industry. They were on their way to Zurich, and then Geneva to hear her father speak the the World Health Organization. I thought that was so cool.

When we flew into Zurich it was beautiful. The owner of the school met us with a bus and took all of our luggage for us. That was so nice of him. Angela Hollington, the school director, also met us to led us to the train and make sure we made it to Lucerne alright. We got on the train and traveled for about an hour to Lucerne. From what I have seen of Lucrene so far, it is absolutely gorgeous. We are staying in Hotel Flemis. My roommates are Kacy and Alyssa. I still don't have my internet working, but I'm using Alyssa's computer.

I have to go to bed now. Pray that my internet works tomorrow so I can put up the pictures. I'll try to write more also.

No comments: